1. Double-cleanse to remove excess oil and impurities. Cleaning skin also ensures that any product that's applied thereafter is able to be absorbed properly. Soothing and non-drying, our Gentle Face Cleanser is perfect for everyday use. And instead of single-use cotton rounds, try our new Sustainable Face Pads.
2. Go from the lightest textures to the heaviest (or thinner to thicker). Why? Lighter formulas are made up of small molecules that deliver active ingredients, and these can only work if they're able to penetrate properly. Actives - the ones that target specific concerns - include everything from Vitamin C (for brightening) and Hyaluronic Acid (for hydration), to AHAs (for exfoliation). Our Exfoliating Daily Treatment Tonic is heavy on the latter. Use two to three times a week to slough away dead skin cells and reveal a more radiant complexion.
Next up are serums, of which Cowshed has three. There's an Antioxidant Serum that harnesses Organic Cress Sprout and Artichoke Extract to neutralise pollution and activate the skin's own detoxification system. There's also a Replenishing Serum that nourishes the skin with mineral-rich Salicornia and Radish extract, in addition to reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. And finally, there's an Illuminating Serum, which uses Marshmallow and Liquorice root to reduce pigmentation and create a glow.
3. Now there's lots of goodness working, it's time to lock it in with moisturiser. In our Rejuvenate Day Cream, there's Kojic acid to prevent dark spots and Niacinamide to improve the skin's barrier function.
4. Finish with SPF. With 90% of premature ageing attributed to UV damage, you can't afford not to.
1. Take off the day with a cleanser. Even if you haven't been wearing make-up, it's important to remove impurities and excess oil.
2. Next, apply your actives. These include the aforementioned products and ingredients, but also retinol. A derivative of Vitamin A, it's a powerhouse ingredient that helps boost collagen production and increase skin cell turnover. It's important to only ever use retinol at night, because it can make skin more sensitive to light. Also, if you're new to retinol, remember to use it sparingly - a pea-sized amount two to three times a week is perfect.
3. Finally, lock it in with a moisturiser that's designed to work while you sleep. With slow-release retinol, amino acids and fatty acids, our Rejuvenate Night Cream will revitalise and nourish your skin.
4. And… sleep.